Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'd rather have flowers on my table than diamonds on my neck. -Emma Goldman..

Feeling very inspired by the past today, which is ironic considering I feel that lately I am making huge strides forward. I have been acting on the things that make me shine, especially my writing, crafting, teaching, and figuring out exactly what I want out of life right now. This is a really creative outlet for me and opening up to my friends and family that read serves as a small personal affirmation that I am headed in the right direction towards fulfilling my passions and developing the things that I'm good at and would really like to do in the next few years.

Today the pictures are vintage, I found them so pretty and whimsical. I absolutely love that feeling.
They make me realize how different the world looked back then and how I wish once more we could go back to the time of peace and love.
In some ways I would love it if life were about what place to travel to first or what festivals to attend but I know reality has different plans most days.Maybe this inspiration works for you as much as it worked for me and you end up closing your eyes letting your imagination take over your mind.

Imagine a stranger giving you a flower on the street for nothing in exchange but a smile...
An artist reading you a poem to make your day better...
Imagine yourself sharing at least a hug a day just to keep the love going strong...
Enjoying a song with the love of your life while laying on the grass until the world embraces your joyful spirit...
Wouldn't it be nice? This happened once. And not so long ago.

I make these pictures my poem, my smile, my hug, my song for you. Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment