Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Love is Here to Stay...





Oh, sweet Valentine's day! I love it, I really do. It is unbelievably hard to have a boyfriend far away who I can't be disgustingly romantic with on one of my favorite holidays.(Let's get real, I REALLY love every holiday.) But being with my dearest friends was just as fabulous. This day is so special though because I LOVE love. I love it in all forms. It is just so good for you. Love brings feelings of butterflies, laughs, and even just a quiet presence in a friend at times.

I woke up in a cheerful mood and was excited to have a great day with the munchkins. I brought the kiddos little heart stickers to play with even though I work at a Jewish school and they don't celebrate the holiday. (Shhh! Don't tell. It is for fine motor skills!) Mid morning I had beautiful flowers delivered from D which made me smile brightly.(Plus a little trip to wine country in a few weeks- cannot wait, we love it there.) Since we had to spend the day apart, I invited Cody and Kirbs over for a little Valentine's Day feast. Love my wonderful friends so very much.









We chased a celebration of love with wine and made toasts to our amazing friendship. We talked of new adventures, how our hearts must always stay young, and the magic you feel when you know you have friends that you will grow old with. We laughed, and ate Mexican food which is wildly appropriate given we all met in San Diego. We talked about growing, but never growing up. We laughed at the cute little bun and how crazy he can be. We felt lucky. We felt loved. And that's what Valentine's Day is about. Love is here to stay. xo



ps- I am writing on my new computer! No more blogging from my iPad. I am so very excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment