Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Joy

That is how have I have been feeling. Simple, unmistakable joy. My kids came back to school and I truly am in love with each and every one of them. They each have so much personality and I know that each one has so much to bring to the class. I know it is going to be a great year!


I just had one of the best weekends I have had in a long time. I was able to see a lot of friends and spend time doing fun things throughout the city. Since I was in San Diego for such a long time in August, I raced back and got straight to work on my class and meeting all the kids that I didn't have any time for fun. This weekend was a blast. I spent time with my friend Britney on Thursday and was able to catch up over happy hour and drinks at Balboa Cafe. Much. Needed.

I sent my best friend in the world off to Croatia on Saturday. She is going to travel solo for 10 days and I couldn't be more excited for her. I think it is such a wonderful way to try something new. A woman traveling on her own. I love the thought, and I think more women should be brave enough to give it a try. I think Eat, Pray, Love had a huge impact on the way my generation thinks and we continually strive to be a society where women are independent and self sufficient. (I do realize this is also coming from a girl who lives in one of the most progressive, liberal cities in all the world!) So far every email has said she is overwhelmed in the beauty and frustrated with how hard it is to be alone and travel in a country where no one knows what she is talking about. I am so proud of her none the less.
Saturday night I tried a restaurant I have been wanting to try for a very long time, Isa.It was everything that I imagined and more. D's friend Will from college joined us, and I ran into some dear friends as they chatted all things baseball for 2+ hours. The restaurant was so unsuspecting when looking inside from Steiner. Then,all of a sudden you walk back into this precious patio with twinkle lights everywhere. We ordered the scallops and duck breast which were both delicious. It was great company, and such an enchanting ambiance in the heart of the Marina. Definitely going back.

Sunday I woke up early to attend the annual bbq that my school puts on for all the families at my school. It was so fun to see all the kids outside of school and spend quality time with the families of the kids I taught last year. It is such a warm, inviting community and I love being a part of it. D had gone to Danny Coyle's to watch the Charger game so I came and met up with them after the bbq. Danny Coyle's is so fun because it is the only SD Charger bar in SF and it was PACKED. Hundreds of fellow San Diegan transplants cheering for their team. We had such a great time. I will be there every Sunday with Trace, no doubt.


Speaking of San Diego, I will be there a bunch starting after our trip to Big Sur next weekend. I have a few weddings to attend, my high school reunion (Oh. My. God.) and of course ONE (there are always at least 3) of my birthday celebrations when I am there Oct. 21st-24th. I am thinking a fantastic birthday brunch with mimosas and best friends at World Famous. I have been feeling quite motivated and productive lately so I will leave you with some things that are keeping me inspired...


Getting reacquainted with my city I love after a long absence. Time to start crossing off my list once again...


BEGGING D to let me get another baby bunny. He says he has to put his foot down with me somewhere. Especially because we plan on getting a puppy! Yay! Thinking of sneaking a little bun in right before we move in together early next year. I can just imagine his anger with me. (But really, how can you resist that little face?)


Sweaters, sweaters and more sweaters for Fall. Fall fashion is my heaven.


our camping trip to Big Sur next weekend! It was D's birthday present from me and since I actually agreed to camp (as in sleeping on the ground voluntarily) I think that is the best birthday present In. The. Entire. World.



Sunshine in SF and in SD or wherever my adventures take me...

3 comments:

  1. Love this Kell! Take lots of pictures this weekend - it looks beautiful!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another bunny? I don't think so...

    ReplyDelete
  3. UH OH!!! This is trouble.. love it!!

    ReplyDelete