Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Monday, September 5, 2011

Starting fresh...



I have had quite the busy week! I just finished my classroom which looks absolutely precious. I can't wait for all the kids to be back tomorrow to make it come alive! I worked really hard for the past week to change it completely around from the way I had it last year. All the teachers are here today finishing everything up, I would say we are a dedicated team. :)
I started back to school myself this week and have read and completed a seven page paper already. I am hoping I will not be crazy stressed this semester. I worked so hard at the end of last year, and I decided to cut my days a little shorter so I have plenty of time for school and happy hours with my friends. (You know, the most important things!)
It was a holiday weekend and though I worked a lot, I was able to rest and relax too. I spent time with Cody and made a mexican food dinner and watched a movie together. Cody and I are so close we don't even need to talk the whole time we are together, we can just relax and just be. Love that about us.
I have been feeling so happy lately. Maybe it is because I have been really productive and busy. I have been able to work hard and rest too which great for me because I love to sleep. I always feel like September is really the start of the year. I always feel so refreshed and have that "take on the world" type mentality at this time of year. Things are going really well, and I am looking forward to hanging with my wonderful friends again now that things are going to be settling down a little.

I am very excited to be in the city for a few weeks after being in San Diego for almost the whole month of August. D and I are going camping in Big Sur in a few weeks, and I can't believe I am admitting this, but I am actually excited to rough it a little, hike and spend quality time in a place we both have never been. He is so awesome about putting in the effort so we can see each other, even when work is crazy like it has been for him lately.

I feel so ready to be back at work and couldn't be more excited! Cheers to a wonderful school year and fresh start in September!

No comments:

Post a Comment