Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Sunday, March 25, 2012

The Shine Project

I am sitting in my tiny, cozy kitchen listening to the rain while I eat icecream in my pajamas. It truly feels like heaven on earth. It is coming down pretty good and I am grateful that I have no where to be but my little apartment, all alone (roommate out of town) hanging with the bun. The only thing that would make this day more perfect is if D was here with me. I am so excited to share with you all the wonderful event I took part of this past weekend!

Saturday, two of my closest, long time friends and I participated in a beach clean up event in Mission Beach. Amira told me about it long ago, and it just so happened that I was going to be in town that weekend. We met at 10am wearing our yellow and gray (Shine colors) and met some really sweet girls that are fellow bloggers as well. We combed the beaches for trash and chatted and laughed while catching up and taking pics. Taking an active role in helping our environment and spending quality time with my oldest friends was really a dream come true Saturday in the sunshine.

We finished the day with beers and lunch at Ale House in PB to reward ourselves. It felt great to partake in an event where everyone was passionate and willing to take the time to help hands on.












Can't wait for the next Shine event! (Or really, just time with Amira and Kandi again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment