Sunshine and Smiles

Sunshine and Smiles

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Tulum



“Travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard



Tracy and I spent 4 blissful days in sweet Tulum last month. It was so fun to get away and experience such a gorgeous, peaceful place with my oldest friend. In this life, one of my biggest priorities is to see the world. I want to surround myself with new cultures, new sights, and the unknown. I love to talk to others about travel, get new ideas, and when D and I talked marriage, I made him pinky promise me we could spend a life together seeing new places. 

Oh, magical Tulum! It is such a beautiful place. We stayed at Ahau Tulum, in a room that overlooked the ocean. We could hear the waves crashing all night, and woke up each morning with the sun. We took walks for miles on the beach, and had drinks while laying in the sun all day. We napped, ate fresh seafood, rode bikes to the ruins, and tried all the cute little restaurants Tulum had to offer. To travel with friends, is to learn about them all over again. To talk about your dreams, the future, and laugh about the hilarious things you did when you were little girls is pretty special. 









D and I are planning to go to Greece for our honeymoon in September. The planning, the hours spent dreaming, and the excitement that travel brings makes life worth living. 

Happy weekend my friends!




No comments:

Post a Comment